ALL OF THE TOOLS YOU NEED TO MAKE ANYTHING!
I have decided to post my list of tools that I advise people to buy for my woodworking classes. The list is actually very short. Yet I do insist that with just these tools you can build everything. Other tools can make certain jobs easier, faster, etc.
- Rule/Tape measure (or story board)
- Saws; back , crosscut, coping. Or Frame, and Fret
- Square; a big one and a small one (Make them yourself?)
- A chisel, 1 to 2 inches wide
- A chisel, ¼ to 5/16” wide for mortises
- 16 oz. hammer
- Mallet rubber or wood.
- Marking gauge (make it yourself)
- Screwdrivers, one w/ replaceable tips
- Block Plane
- Smooth or a Try Plane (9” or 14”)
- ½ round Rasp
- Flat wood rasp
- 2 grit sharpening Stone
- Adjustable Bevel ( make it!)
- Brace and Bits to make holes (maybe a gimlet or burning iron for small holes) (cordless drill and drill bit set)
Add tools as you want or need them, they can be old or new. Ax, hatchet and froe maybe, Chisels: You will want a couple… a small a medium and a large at least.
ask me questions and I will elaborate in the comments…..